The Programming Chef
- If you have suggestions or find bugs, feel free to email me at: The Programming Chef. The site will inform me of problems automatically, but I do enjoy questions and input from users.
- Development environment: Visual Studio 2022, Microsoft SQL Database/SQL Server 2019, .NET 6.0 (Core), Telerik UI for .NET Core, C#, Bootstrap 5, etc.
- Site, database, and all other resources hosted on Everleap.
- Prior to Sunday, June 20, 2021, the site was hosted on Azure.
- Everleap increased performance by almost 3x, with similar cost.
Current supported data sets:
- Various USDA food and nutrient databases (~38,000 items).
- Recipes, as entered by users
- Commercial products entered by users from nutrition labels
- Food log entries entered by users
- And others...
- "Browse Foods": Basic search of the registered nutrition databases.
- "Analyze Recipes": One click generation of nutrition label from a recipe.
- "Add Food Labels": Add foodItems from their nutrition label to the database.
- Track your daily food intake and see the nutrition you have put in your body.
- I used this version for 100 days (January - April, 2017)....
- ... and lost over 30 pounds! Seeing what you eat and drink tends to keep you honest.